Monday, May 7, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Can anyone tell me where the sun has gone?  It has been raining since I woke up and I don't think it is going to be stopping anytime soon.  It is just one of those days where the gloom has taken away all motivation and is making me want to do nothing more than sit my butt on my big comfy couch and not move all day long.

Oh, and eat a deliciously warm meal.

Now this fish is probably one of the easiest meals to make for dinner so I can't help but put it on top of my "lazy day" dinner list.  Perfect for tonight.  

Not only is it super quick, allowing myself to still technically be lazy, but it is SO yummy.  The Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs create a salty, crunchy crust around the steaming hot, moist tilapia- I am tellin ya, it is the perfect meal to warm anyone up on cold days like today.  

It is satisfying, yet light, which makes me feel even better about sitting around, doing absolutely nothing all day long. 


Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1 1/2 cup flour
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
3 egg whites, whipped
1 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer Panko!)
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Take out three separate bowls to dredge the fish.  In the first bowl add flour, salt, and pepper and mix.  In the second bowl add the egg whites and whip with a fork, making eggs frothy.  In the third bowl, add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, mix.  Place a cookie cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet covered in tin foil at the end of the dredging station.  Spray cookie rack with non-stick cooking spray.


Take a tilapia fillet and cover in flour mixture.  Coat and shake off excess flour.


Next, place fillet in egg white mixture and dredge.  Finally put the fillet in the cheese and breadcrumb mixture and coat.  Place on cooling rack.


Repeat with rest of fillets.  Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top of fish fillets so it breadcrumbs become crunchy in the oven.


Bake for 20 minutes, then turn broiler on high and broil until golden and crispy! Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment